HERITAGE Family Ministry
This is a new area of ministry for us but we are excited to now have a Children and Families Coordinator. We will start by offering events for those who want Jesus to be at the heart of their family life and want to grow in faith together. Then we will see where the Lord leads us!
- Online Community for Prayerful Scripture Reflection. (3/22/2020) - An online Community for Prayerful Scripture Reflection. During this time, when many of our usual ways of expressing our Faith have been removed, and we can no longer gather together due to the Coronavirus, it is all the more important that we find ways to invest in our relationships with God and each other. Here is one small way that we can communicate our faith and support each other whilst encouraging daily prayer with a Scriptural focus. It is also a great way for people who are usually involved with Metanoia Project groups and events to keep in touch and continue to feel part of the Metanoia family as well as the wider Church community. God wants to speak to us all and has given us His Word as a constant source of life and relationship with Him. The aim of this group is to encourage each other to spend time each day praying with Scripture and allowing God to speak to us. Please then share your thoughts, questions and reflections to help us all hear from our Loving Father. Metanoia Project 'The God Who Speaks' Scripture Reflection Group
- Metanoia Project Operations and the Coronavirus. (3/19/2020) - Dear Young People, Parents, Friends and Supporters, Because of recent guidance from both the Government and the Bishops’ Conference, and in consultation with the schools and Parishes with which we work, we have made the difficult decision to suspend all of our groups and events except our work with the Homeless. Therefore, there will be no youth groups at St Clare’s or St Mary’s Lea Town, no talks for adults at St Wilfrid’s, no meetings for our Young Leaders or for the Students and Young Adults, no sessions for Young Families, no Adoration with Praise and Worship etc. until further notice. During this time, when many of our usual ways of expressing our Faith have been removed, and we can no longer gather together, it is all the more important that we find ways to invest in our relationships with God and each other. Although our regular groups and events will not be able to continue for the foreseeable future, the Metanoia Project Team will continue to be here to support you in any way we can and we will be finding different avenues to build and maintain community in ways that do not require physical contact. We will also continue to offer spiritual input, scripture reflection and prayer resources through various means so look out for ways to stay involved and nourish your Faith! You can let us know what sort of thing you would / would not like to hear about by filling in our ‘contact preferences’ form here: http://metanoiaproject.co.uk/contact-preferences/ If you are fit and well and do not support any vulnerable people in your work or household, why not consider helping us serve the homeless at our Wednesday Drop-in? Our usual team of volunteers is somewhat depleted due to the need to self-isolate so any help will be gratefully received. We will miss meeting with you all but hope that we will be able to see you all again in the not-too-distant future. In the meantime, look after yourselves, keep praying and keep in touch! God bless Ruth and Joe
- Heritage has moved to Sundays!! (1/25/2020) - Dates for 2019/20 Sundays 15th September 17th November 19th January 15th March 17th May 5th
- New Dates for Heritage (11/9/2018) -
- Welcome to Nora! (7/22/2018) - There has been so much going on over the past few months that there has been no time to write about any of it!! A huge bit of brilliant news though is that Nora Lord joined our team here in April as Children and Families Coordinator. We are very blessed to have her with us and to receive the benefit of her enthusiasm, joy and hard work. There are already a few new plans in the pipeline and we can't wait to see the impact Nora has on our ministry. Please keep her (and all of us) in your prayers.
- Family Afternoon (5/11/2018) - We are really excited to present our first event for families. Come along for family