Proclaiming the Good News of God’s Kingdom
A Catholic charity for the New Evangelisation, ministering to people of all ages, proclaiming the Word and serving the poor in the Preston area and beyond
To build a vibrant, faith filled, evangelistic community who help to bring about the Kingdom of God through both proclamation and service.
Focused on transforming their local area and the lives of those around them they will become a light for and the centre of the wider community
We aim to fulfill this vision by:
- Establishing Christian Communities comprising both residential and non-residential members which are a place of witness, welcome and nurture for the local community
- Working alongside local Schools, Parishes, Priests, People and other organisations in order to offer both initial proclamation of the Christian message and on-going discipleship to help build and strengthen the local Church.
- Facilitating age appropriate groups, for people of all ages, that offer opportunities for a deeper encounter with Christ which will inspire and envision Catholics to be excited about their faith, whilst equipping and supporting them to share that faith with others through both proclamation and very practical service within their local community
- Developing a variety of training and discipleship programmes that lead people into relationship with Christ and His Church and enable personal growth.
- Creating and sustaining a variety of initiatives that reach out to the local community and find practical ways to meet their material, spiritual and emotional needs.
- Offering opportunities for all members of the local community to engage with the project at whatever level they are comfortable in order to provide and introduction to Christian work and Christian people.
Metanoia Project was started by Joe and Ruth White in 2011 and became a registered Charity in 2016. We have a great team of dedicated Trustees who employ Joe and Ruth as Project Directors. There are also many others involved as volunteers and Community members and we hope to take on further employees as Metanoia Project continues to grow.